All goods purchased from our store may be returned for refund, exchange or replacement within 7 working days from the day after receipt of delivery [*].
Delivery is a flat rate of £2.95 + £2.00 for each product.
Before sending the parcel back to us, you will need state your name, order number and address including postcode and enclose this with the returned item, as failure to do so may result in delay of any refund.
May we please ask you to additionally note:
- You must take care of our goods whilst they are in your possession and any item for return must be received back in its original shipped condition and original packing with picture card. The item must be without damage or use. All original packaging including picture/header cards should accompany any returned item undamaged. We cannot accept returns for exchange or refund if such items have been opened from a sealed package (Costumes do not typically come in sealed packages and you can try them on). All items will be inspected on their return to our warehouse.We are not a manufacturer, so the whole product and packaging must be returned as the same condition as you would have received it and how you may expect to receive it. If the product or packaging with picture card is in any way missing, damaged/split or the costumes smell that they have been worn over a period of time, we cannot refund.
- That you or your carriers are responsible for any returned goods until they reach our warehouse. Cost and Risk of return will be at your expense and we strongly recommend that you receive proof of posting or use Royal Mail’s “Recorded Signed” or “Special Delivery” service.
- We regret outbound shipping, packing and insurance cannot be refunded.
- We try to make refunds within one week of receipt back to us though promise to make all refunds within 30 calendar days. Please note that we will not be held liable for any interest payment that you may incur because any refund was made outside of your credit/debit card timescales.
- Please return the goods to the address on the top of your receipt/invoice including the Invoice Number. Any returned items not including such information may well be delayed.
- Any returned goods that we receive which are outside of this Returns Policy would be defined as ‘In Dispute’. Such ‘In Dispute’ items will not be refunded or exchanged. A reason for this decision will be provided. We are happy to re-ship such ‘In Dispute’ items back to you; otherwise they will be destroyed within 91 calendar days from their receipt back to us.
- We are sorry but we are unable to replace or exchange an item until the original is returned to Admiral Costumes. If you need an item in a hurry, we suggest you place a second order for the new item and send the original back at a later date.
- Sometimes and especially if goods are purchased in advance for a present or delivered while on holiday, aforementioned 7 day response timescales can be missed. Therefore, without prejudice and as a gesture of goodwill, we are happy to consider the following remedy on a case-by-case basis.
- Should an item not be required and is returned and received by us between 7 working days and 30 calendar days, we will be happy to accept the item(s) back with refund of goods to the value of 70% of the purchase price (excluding shipping).
- Should an item be returned and received after 30 calendar days, we will have no obligation to refund. If you wish the item resent to you, we will ask for a nominal fee to cover additional shipping costs.* “7 working days from the day after receipt of delivery” shall be defined as the date from when your shipment is received by you, being the date of signature that the package is received by you.
All of our products come with our 30-day guarantee where you may return faulty goods for exchange or refund of original purchase price. This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
Returns Policy – Faulty Goods
Should a product be faulty, you should let us know immediately as we will happily refund or exchange it for you. You should let us know as soon as possible via email (or telephone first) within 7 calendar days from the date of delivery or, where this was not apparent on reasonable inspection, within 7 calendar days after discovery or 30 calendar days after receipt by you, whichever is the earliest.You will need to include the Invoice/Order Number, your name and postcode with your parcel back to us as failure to do so will result in delay of any refund.
May we please ask you to additionally note:
- We shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, misuse or alteration or repair of the ordered goods without our approval.
- Please return the goods to the address on the top of your receipt/invoice including the Invoice Number. Any returned items not including such information will have actions delayed.
- Any returned goods that we receive which are outside of this Returns Policy would be defined as ‘In Dispute’. Such In Dispute items will not be refunded or exchanged. A reason for this decision will be provided. We are happy to re-ship such In Dispute items back to you; otherwise they will be destroyed within 91 calendar days from their receipt back to us.
We are sorry but we are unable to replace a faulty item until the original is returned to Admiral Costumes.
All images that portray costumes or items are used with the permission of the Copyright holder. Admiral Costumes make every effort to maintain clear descriptions and endeavour to use such ‘up to date’ images that are representative and truly reflect the item to be purchased. However Admiral Costumes cannot be held responsible for [a] any perception you may have in product representation and [b] the manufacturer’s obligation of a right to change product specification including colour or design at any time and without notice.It is also important to note that some colours may vary slightly from what you see on screen to the product ultimately received, depending on your monitor screen resolution and colour/display settings. We are aware that our site looks different on different PC’s using different browsers and having different colour and screen resolution settings.
VAT Tax Charges – General
All the prices in the store are shown inclusive and exclusive of VAT where applicable at the prevailing rates. We sell in UK Pounds Sterling (£)
Powered By WorldPay
“Admiral Costumes”, “we”, “us” means Admiral Costumes. “The Hirer” means the person named on the front of the booking form. “Return Date” means the date the costume is due to be returned to us, as stated on the front of the booking form.
Terms and Conditions
1. All items remain the property of Admiral Costumes at all times. All items and accessories comprising the costume(s) are listed on the front of the booking form.
2. All costumes are to be returned on the Return Date stated on the booking form. The Hirer should let Admiral Costumes know immediately if they are unable to return a costume on the due date. If a costume is returned late, Admiral Costumes reserves the right to make a daily charge of £25 per costume from the due date until the costume(s) is/are returned.
3. In the event of a costume not being returned within 7 days of the Return Date Admiral Costumes will take all necessary steps, including legal action against the Hirer, to recover the costume(s) or full replacement costs, hire fees to the date of settlement, and all associated costs.
4. All possible care should be taken to avoid damage to the costume(s). If a costume is returned damaged Admiral Costumes will decide whether the damage can be repaired, or whether a replacement article will need to be purchased. In either event, the Hirer agrees to meet the costs incurred. Where the repair / replacement costs exceed the deposit held, Admiral Costumes will issue an invoice to the Hirer for the balance.
5. Footwear, where provided, should be returned clean. Do not return footwear covered in mud.
6. Under no circumstances should the Hirer attempt to alter, repair or clean the costume. If the costume is marked in any way return is as it is – many costumes require specialist cleaning and will be ruined if not cleaned correctly.
7. Always use a deodorant / anti-perspirant.
8. If a specialist costume such as a uniform is being it should not be worn against the skin. A light garment such as a T-shirt should always be worn beneath the costume.
9. Do not allow any perfume or aftershave product on the costume. Such products contain ingredients that are harmful to costume material.
10. Do not allow makeup to come into contact with the costumes. It is very difficult to remove and causes damage to material. A cleaning charge may be levied in the event of a costume being returned with makeup on it.
11. If the Hirer returns an incomplete costume, Admiral Costumes reserves the right to levy a replacement charge. In the event of the replacement charge being greater than the deposit held Admiral Costumes will issue an invoice to the Hirer for the balance.
12. The Hirer should return the costume on the hanger supplied.
13. If the Hirer cancels the booking for any reason, at any time, the Hirer will forfeit their deposit.